Thursday, November 18, 2010

Next steps

The day after my disappointing news, I broadcast the "seeds" more widely, letting various key people in my island networks know that my project was at risk. I received enthusiastic responses and my heart was and is warmed. I have a meeting with one possible community partner tomorrow. More news soon, I hope.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Disappointing News

The day after returning from my whirlwind talking tour, I put together an application for the proposed orchard site. This was required by the Board who oversees the site. I submitted it with multiple photos and detailed attachments and waited. Yesterday the committee met, and tonight I received a short rejection letter. There was no chance for discussion about ways to adapt my vision to their needs. I had been told that we would meet, but that opportunity was not offered. I am deeply disappointed. I know that what I proposed was ambitious, but the funding and the community support to make it happen was all there.

I now am having to rethink again where this project will go. Maybe my dreams will offer direction.
If anyone reading this blog has suggestions of sites on Vashon Island, please get in touch. In the meantime, I am going into the studio....